Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
.tel pre order
3/23/2009 22:37
Hi,

Want to ask, do you refund the money if failed to register the domain?
Reply Quote
3/29/2009 16:00

My two credit card companies wisely rejected this pre-order transaction, so there will be no "credit" on my account.

One cc company's fraud department called me up to warn me of possible fraud by Dynadot and absolutely would not approve of this transaction. The other cc simply just rejected it.

Your no-refund message was NOT on the email itself, but buried in a link and not on the order page. A typical scammer's trick.

I do not wish to deal with companies who practice scamming techniques; You have lost a good customer, over $3,000. In 60 days, I'll be transferring my LANDRUSH domains to another registrar.

Sad, too, because Dynadot would have eventually earned the $600 preorder money anyway in renewals and new regs, and now you will get nothing more from me.

If you want to earn back the trust of your customers, you should really take another look at the way you handled this pre-order situation (a disaster on so many levels).

You handled last month's crash in a classy and and upstanding manner, but this preorder no-refund "policy" smacks of a Register Fly-esque money grab.

Stinky and sleazy!

Reply Quote
3/30/2009 12:46
Sorry you are upset. As you suggested, we have already added the text "No Refunds for Failed Preorders" in bold letters on the launch page for the next launch.

I assure you we are not trying to cheat you. We have one of the lowest chargeback rates in our industry, and an A rating from the BBB. We have done about 8 launches and we always do an account credit for failed preorders. Sorry for the confusion anyway.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
4/1/2009 13:20

Thank you for placing that message on the pre-order page. In the future that bold message will warn a lot of people before they click on that order button.

I might point out that I'm a fairly new customer, so I had never participated in a Dynadot pre-order; I had no knowledge of this non-refund/credit-only policy.

Therefore, there is no way I'm going to ask my credit card company to approve that $600.00+ to your company for the now obviously failed preorder, so I would appreciate if you removed that that pending invoice from my account.

Thank you.

Reply Quote
4/2/2009 00:29
This was not an isolated incident. Although it did not happen at every registrar during the .tel GA, it did happen at numerous other registrars.

Telnic was overrun with a mass amount of registration requests, both preorders and live orders being queried.

Dynadot was not at fault regarding the registration of names.

Some registrars give refunds for failed preorders, some do not. However, Dynadot does give credit for the future purchase or renewal of domain names. Costs must be kept low, many other places you will not see a .tel for only $10.99. As time progresses, you'll actually see prices rise at other registrars.

In my opinion the refund policy was clearly visible on the correct page. Just remember to do research when approaching such an event. Good luck on your endeavor with future GA domain purchases. They can actually be a lot of fun!
Reply Quote