Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Blogspot?
6/19/2007 06:55
Hi, I was wondering how I could associate my dynadot domain name to blogspot.

Blogspot gives the following in regards to it:

"DNS stands for Domain Name System, and a DNS server determines what site a given address takes you to. So far, you have a domain name but none of the servers on the internet know what to do with it yet. To take care of this, you need to create a CNAME record for your domain with the DNS, associating your domain with ghs.google.com. The exact procedure for doing this varies depending on your domain registrar"

I'm lost at cname/dns actually.

Thanks for any help.
Reply Quote
6/19/2007 12:36
Our Dynadot DNS allows the use of CNAME records for sub domains. But it also requires that just the domain (http://mydomain.com) has an IP address.

So you could use our Dynadot DNS, and enter a CNAME subdomain like www or blog, and for the target host enter ghs.google.com. If you don't have an IP address to use for just the domain, you could enter 127.0.0.1, which would point a visitor back to their own computer.

Our help section shows how to do this:

How do I set up DNS for my domain?
http://www.dynadot.com/help/question.html?aid=4
Reply Quote
8/31/2007 07:50
when i do that, the link goes to www.dynadot.com... If i can´t fix this y must buy a domain in other company.
Reply Quote
Posted By andro
8/31/2007 09:24
I am going to use blogspot. Could you explain how create CNAME records to have working both www.mydomian.com and also mydomain.com without www. Do you have any domain names using blogspot and work property with www and without ?

[This post has been edited by andro on Aug 31, 2007 9:25am.]
Reply Quote
8/31/2007 15:41
when i do that, the link goes to www.dynadot.com... If i can´t fix this y must buy a domain in other company.

It takes time for the new name server settings to propagate.  The reason why your domain was redirecting to the Dynadot website is because the name server settings haven't been updated yet.  Furthermore, you may be experiencing caching issues with your computer or your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

You can view an uncached version of your website by using our Snapshot tool.  Steps on how to access the Snapshot tool can be found here:

How do I access the website snapshot tool?

Our website snapshot tool allows you to see what your website homepage looks like. The reason you may want to use this tool is to see if you're seeing a different - cached - version of your website.

To see your website's snapshot, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Click the ellipsis icon (...) beside the domain and choose "snapshot" from the dropdown.
  4. A pop-up window will appear showing you a current snapshot of your website.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I access the website snapshot ...

We have other customers set up their CNAMEs with us and they have not experienced any problems once their settings have propagated.  More information about name server propagation can be found here:

Domain Name Server Propagation

I am going to use blogspot. Could you explain how create CNAME records to have working both www.mydomian.com and also mydomain.com without www. Do you have any domain names using blogspot and work property with www and without ?

At the moment there is no way for you to get it working for mydomain.com if you set the IP address to 127.0.0.1.  As mentioned before, you can use CNAME records to set the "www" subdomain, but http://mydomain.com requires a web server at the given IP address.
Reply Quote