Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email forwarding extremely slow
2/18/2013 02:26
Hi,
I have email to my domains being fowarded to an outlook.com or a gmail.com address. I maded the changes last night as I decided I don't need a full hosting plan.

The delay for forwarding, however, is very very long.
This morning I ran some tests and the time lag is currently 1 hour 30 minutes -- with the mails still not forwarded.

Is this normal? Is this kind of time lag something I should expect to be the norm, because if it is I will have to find another solution.

regards
Reply Quote
2/18/2013 05:09
4+ hours now and the test mails have still not been forwarded.
No error message has been received either.

Please advise if this is normal -- because if it is there seems little point to email forwarding.
Reply Quote
2/18/2013 05:26
The email forwarding service clearly doesnt work.

I sent two mails from my gmail account and they arrived fine.
I then sent two mails from my office account and they did not arrive.

The test emails from my work email address this morning have also still not arrived.

Not very encouraging.
Reply Quote
2/18/2013 14:45
The forwarding server is online.  I just sent a message to one of our own accounts and the forward came through within a minute.  It is possible that slow downs occur when the server is being used heavily.  I'll speak with our engineering team on the next business day to see if we can improve that.  According to our logs, in the last 24 hours 23 messages have been forwarded to your domain.
Reply Quote