Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email redirection is unreliable?
Posted By dwk
6/2/2013 04:48
I have email redirection set up to redirect emails from my dynadot domain to my gmail account.

Lately I'm missing emails, some emails addressed to my domain are bouncing back to the sender so I have to give them my gmail address instead, and other important messages are getting marked as [SPAM] inappropriately. I can't run a business this way. What's going on, Dynadot?
Reply Quote
6/6/2013 16:01
For the past couple of weeks, we have been making changes to the email forwarding server to filter out spam messages.  There seemed to be a lot of issues (as you mentioned), so the filters have been loosened.  The issue should be resolved now.  If not, please email our support team ([email protected]) and we'll investigate!  

We apologize for the late response.
Reply Quote
Posted By dwk
6/7/2013 05:47
Thanks for fixing it. To be honest, I'd rather have the option to just disable Dynadot's spam filtering entirely, so that I can use my own spam filtering instead. That way I'd have greater peace of mind that messages aren't going AWOL!
Reply Quote
6/7/2013 13:04
I'm having the same issue as well, and it's continued today, so clearly it isn't completely resolved. I'll be sending an e-mail to the support as recommended, but wanted to make the OP aware that s/he isn't alone. (This is affecting my business as well, by the way, and I'm not happy.)
Reply Quote
6/18/2013 16:27
We have made some changes today that should result in improved delivery.  We will no longer be rejecting email that appears to be spam.  This may result in more spam being delivered, but hopefully allow all wanted messages te get through.
Reply Quote
6/26/2013 18:34
As I've mentioned directly to your staff, I'm an anti-spam researcher.
Your filtering has always been poor, in my expert opinion.

This should be OPT-IN, instead of imposed on us.

This change should have been communicated MONTHS in advance, if the only opt-out option was changing registrars. :(
Reply Quote
6/30/2013 14:37
Because of the amount of spam clogging our forwarding filters, throwing them offline and causing our servers to be blacklisted, immediate action was required.  We did not have the luxury of providing an opt-in option.  

We do apologize greatly for the growing pains encountered during the process.  We believe things are running smoothly now.
Reply Quote