Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
MX-settings
4/24/2009 08:56
Hello,

I'm trying to get my dynadot-domain-name (=xxx.com) to work with Google Apps, where I have created the the username [email protected].

Under 'Domain, Domain names, Set name servers, Advanced Dynadot DNS' I have filled in what Google tells me to do, which is:

Mail Host: aspmx.l.google.com
Distance: 0

Mail Host: alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
Distance: 1

Mail Host: alt2.aspmx.l.google.com
Distance: 1

I've reached a message from Google in which they say that the MX-stuff isn't correct. Should I fill in the letters and numbers above somewhere else - maybe under 'Email forwarding settings'?

Best regards,
P s
Reply Quote
11/17/2018 08:02
I am looking for the answer as to what to put in the distance field but keep in mind that it takes approximately 6 hours for the change to take effect. So google might be relying on old information that hs not been updated through propagation.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied g_p_sutton_us :12/27/2018 22:57
The priority (like 0, 5, 10 part of the MX record) goes to the  distance field.
Reply Quote
12/27/2018 22:56
Our apologies for the delay, yes, you can enter it under 'Email forwarding settings' if your domain is set to parking, forwarding. If it's using our DNS, then you can add the records on DNS page.
Reply Quote