Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Nameservers set up incorrectly?
8/25/2013 04:41
I have a domain and basic hosting from dynadot and have so far been unable to get the website to display in a browser, even with the help of a professional webmaster. I get a "server not found" message. I have also successfully redirected a blogspot blog address to a subdomain, but that's the only thing that's working.

My question is, what's wrong with my nameserver settings?
Reply Quote
8/25/2013 17:37
Where did you get the IP address you are pointing to in your 'A' record?  To point to your Basic Hosting web space, please change the address to 173.245.76.50.

Can I connect to my Email plan with an IP address via an A record?

Yes, you can connect to your Email plan via an A Record for its website service (we no longer provide website service for new email plans); however this is not recommended as we cannot guarantee that the IP address will always remain the same. If you use the "Dynadot Email Hosting" setting, our system automatically updates any IP changes, but we are unable to do this for those with a custom DNS configuration, so the update would need to be done manually from within your account following these same instructions below.

The current IP address used by our Email plan is 13.52.28.221, 13.57.119.71 and 54.153.83.56.
Please be sure to enter the same records in the subdomain section.

For your email to work, please include the MX record webhost.dynadot.com

To prevent spoofing you may also include a TXT record "v=spf1 mx include:webhost-mail-out.dynadot.com include:spf.webhost.dynadot.com ~all"

Please be aware it may take anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours for your DNS changes to propagate.

From Help Section: Email Plan > Can I connect to my Email plan with a...
Reply Quote
8/26/2013 09:19
Is the IP address 173.245.76.50 or 173.245.76.55 as on the picture? I tried the first one and waited for half a day, but all I got was a "Not Found" message when I opened it. Now I've put 173.245.76.55 as on the picture, but after half an hour nothing changed. OK, now I see the correct IP is the first one (...50), so I've put that back. But after a day shouldn't the site appear? Have I done something else wrong?
Reply Quote
8/28/2013 16:52
You may have just had a cached version of the page.  If you make a DNS change and have not seen the change you need after 2 hours, I'd try clearing out the cache on your computer.  You should be seeing what is shown by our snapshot tool.

How do I access the website snapshot tool?

Our website snapshot tool allows you to see what your website homepage looks like. The reason you may want to use this tool is to see if you're seeing a different - cached - version of your website.

To see your website's snapshot, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Click the ellipsis icon (...) beside the domain and choose "snapshot" from the dropdown.
  4. A pop-up window will appear showing you a current snapshot of your website.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I access the website snapshot ...
Reply Quote