Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Problem using Dynadot's name servers
3/22/2014 14:19
Hi,

I am trying to use Dynadot's name servers for one of my domains. Things seems to work fine for the subdomains, but the bare domain itself is not working! The first entry in the DNS settings page is an A record and the IP of the host. What am I missing?

Thanks
Reply Quote
3/24/2014 16:19
I am still struggling to find a solution to this problem. In the Domian Info page I see that name server is indeed Dynadot:

Name Servers:    Dynadot DNS: 87.230.21.171

In the DNS tab, the first entry is:

salarian.com    A    87.230.21.171

Among other settings, I also have a subdomain:

www.salarian.com  A    87.230.21.171

Now, using when I try the IP Lookup tool, I get this:

IP Status of salarian.com
       Name Server Unreachable - One or more name servers for this domain can not be reached. Please contact the admin for the name server.

Registry Name Servers
       ns1.dynadot.com
ns2.dynadot.com

Zone Name Servers
       ns1.dynadot.com
ns2.dynadot.com

ns1.dynadot.com
       salarian.com

No response.            
www.salarian.com

ip address              87.230.21.171

ns2.dynadot.com
       salarian.com

No response.            
www.salarian.com

ip address              87.230.21.171

What is going on? Why the name server returns no response for salarian.com?
Reply Quote
3/24/2014 16:38
You may need to contact your web host regarding the issue.  They may be able to shed some light on the issue as your settings look correct in your account here.
Reply Quote
3/24/2014 17:14
Thanks for your help. Indeed there were still some settings remaining in the host provider's DNS records. I deleted every trace of DNS records from their server. Let's see what happens in few hours.
Reply Quote
3/25/2014 08:03
Awesome.  Keep us posted if you're still having problems.
Reply Quote
3/25/2014 11:55
Unfortunately the problem persists.

I removed all settings from the host provider's DNS. No change.

Then about 10 hours ago I changed the IP address in the DNS records of the site "salarian.com" to point to a different host and provider. Yet I get the same error when using the IP lookup tool.

Somehow dynadot's dns1 and dns2 servers do not like my domain name without a subdomain. Also, in the report I don't see any of the MX records either. There is no DNS configuration in my host so I don't think the problem relates to them. Is there anything else I can try?
Reply Quote
7/10/2014 14:48
It seems you've gotten everything resolved. Please email us at [email protected] if that is not the case.
Reply Quote