Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Want to hide name servers
1/11/2007 21:58
I want to hide the name servaers name.how i can do this.when i search my domain on who.is name server show.i have paid for privacy.so is it possible to hide the name servers of domain name.

[This post has been edited by a_z_lindenwold_us on Jan 11, 2007 9:59pm.]
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
1/11/2007 22:18
Why? and it is probably against DynaDot policies
Reply Quote
1/11/2007 22:31
sorry, i don't know about this.but i want to hide the server name..if it is possible i will be greatful...dyndot,please consider this for me.
Reply Quote
1/12/2007 12:11
Sorry, hiding name servers in whois lookups is not available.
Reply Quote
Posted By raph
1/12/2007 19:56
I don't know about policies, but it's just not possible... for a domain to work, the name servers have to be visible - so even if they could be hidden from the whois records, anyone determined could still figure them out.
If you want them to be less informative (anyone can still figure who your host is by 'pinging' the name servers and working out your host from the IPs), see if your host supports personalised name servers. If they do, you can have name servers on your own domain, such as ns1.yourdomain.com. That way, from first look, people can't tell anything about your host. But I stress: Anyone determined enough, can find out who your host is. It's not a big deal though - they can't really do much with that information.
Reply Quote