Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Underhanded theft of DN by Dynadot...
Posted By timmi
1/10/2018 00:25
I just wanted to share my opinion, of your techniques to get DNs into your marketplace, for your profit, at the DN's owner's expense.
I was late renewing my DN, and for some reason, your system would not allow me to renew it.
There was this menu item, that said it would reserve it for me, just as soon as a certain waiting period was over. So of course I clicked on that.
Nowhere did it warn, that you would buy the DN for yourselves instead(!!! and try to sell my DN back to be for thousands of dollars, for a .com
That is quite an underhanded SCAM you've got going there.  And I use the word scam, because you did not provide proper explanation of exactly what you intended to do!
Very disappointed in your company!
Reply Quote
1/15/2018 00:23
I just checked your account and was not able to find any late renewal problem. Were you referring to recumbentsworld.com? It looks like we received your backorder request and was able to catch the domain for you. The order was then cancelled because no payment was received in time as agreed, therefore we had to release the domain. Looks like it was registered by someone else with another registrar and now listed for sale at Afternic.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
timmi replied teamdynadot :2/24/2018 13:35
You never advised me!  And I had been watching it very closely when I contacted you if I can get it back.  

You told me to sit tight, and wait for you to contact me.  You never did.

But I saw it a few of days up in your auctions for thousands of dollars!  (you grabbed it with your affiliated sister company)

And you have not done the same thing with hummingwheel.com

You underhanded scammers!  

You guys claimed you did no backdoor selling when I joined you, because I asked(!) and that is why I selected you.
I now discover you are no better than some of the others.

Need I sue for damages and drag your reputation into it?  Or do you want to settle this amicably?
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied timmi :3/5/2018 22:07
We understand your confusion about this. We caught the domain for you but as stated previously, it was released since no payment was made for it. The domain was then registered by someone else in another registrar. It now shows a high price because it is listed for sale by the owner. We have no control over the domain or the price. You could check the registrar and the registrant information through a simple whois lookup: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois.html
Reply Quote
my-domain-labs replied teamdynadot :3/8/2018 05:44
With services like "account balance" and auto renew both existing in the same place, there should be no reason anyone should ever have a domain they actually want to expire.... Also DynaDot has a check box on their page that pretty much says "I agree to pay for this if you get it for me." that you have to check before you even place the back order.... I'm sorry but this sounds more like customer negligence than it does domain theft....
Reply Quote