Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Are domain name searchings monitored?
1/1/2010 01:14
After a surf around the webmaster-talk website only monents ago, I was a little worried about one of their posts and I would like to ask the same question openly to Dynadot and their members.

Area of activity I mean
When you do the search thingy to search for a domain name.

My question
Is there a way in which people, say those who want to jump on an opportunity, can read what searches get done, so they can register that name first?

The Webmaster talk is
Someone did such a search (although not with Dynadot) for a domain they wanted to buy. Two weeks later, when that person went to buy that domain, it was found to be taken.

The date of registration was only moments after when the search was made by the threads author.
Reply Quote
1/1/2010 04:44
Chances are the person who done the search used a dodgy lookup tool run by domain squatters. Basically domain squatters set up these sites to see what other people are looking up and then register the domains they look up. I am not sure what they do with it from there, probably check it out see if it has any value if not then they request a grace deletion.

I am sure dynadot would not do this but there was a company that held domains that people looked up for 5? days. They claimed it was to 'secure' it from other people registering it.
Reply Quote