Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
email forwarding header
Posted By c_c_us
6/6/2009 10:13
Hello, I just transferred a domain to dynadot and set up email forwarding. Now the messages I receive include these "resent" headers:

Resent-Date:    5 Jun 2009 16:15:10 -0000
Resent-From:    [email protected]
Resent-To:      (email address removed)

These were apparently not included with my previous domain registrar. The problem is that now when I forward on a message I have received, these headers show up in the forwarded message and I have to delete them every time. Is there any way to customize the headers dynadot puts on there? Possibly I can adjust the settings of my mail reader to not include these when I forward messages (and I'm guessing this is the easier solution), but I just wanted to ask if there is anything that can be done from the dynadot side. Thanks.

C

[This post has been edited by c_c_us on Jun 6, 2009 10:14am.]
Reply Quote
6/6/2009 19:13
Hello,

These headers are added so the recipient knows that parkmail.dynadot.com is not the source of the email. When we did not have these headers, our forwarding server was blocked by several ISPs who thought we were spammers.

These headers are pretty industry standard I believe. For example gmail also adds these headers for forwarded mail I seem to recall.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
Posted By c_c_us
6/7/2009 13:06
Thanks for the response, that makes sense.
Reply Quote