Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
offer recieved on datefeed.com want input
Posted By nc
4/15/2009 18:24
I own datefeed.com I just had someone send me an email offering  $800 for it. Not even would I be interested in selling or asking price. Just an unsolicited offer any thoughts on price or process?
Reply Quote
4/16/2009 04:01
a domain is what you make of it, it does sound like (data + feed) it should _value more_ though, but if you dont develop it or dont actively seek to sell it, does it value more? who knows, depends on your luck
Reply Quote
4/16/2009 07:44
Did the person email you with the 800 dollar offer in their first email? If so, please beware that it is probably an appraisal scam. If they ask you to purchase an appraisal from a website do not do it as they are receiving the funds for the appraisal and they will not purchase the domain name.
Reply Quote
Posted By nc
4/16/2009 09:10
That was the offer right out of the gate. He said he suggest we use escrow.com .  Thoughts on price and escrow.com or any other input would be apprieated.
Thanks
Reply Quote
4/16/2009 13:45
Usingt excrow.com is certainly a reasonable proposal. You could also go through Sedo - very safe, but you will pay them 10 percent of the transaction.

But in case the correspondent asks you to pay something for some reason (see posts above on the well-known "appraisal scam"), just refuse.

Regarding the price, it depends very much. In case you do not intend to use the domain, the offer could certainly be considered.
Reply Quote
4/18/2009 21:00
If his first email to you was $800 and you haven't accepted yet, I'd counter with a low four-figure offer. Using Escrow.com for the transaction is a good way to go. Just don't get caught up in the offer if he suddenly asks you to pay for an appraisal.
Reply Quote