Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Telenor Pakistan hacked my Domain
4/16/2008 13:16
Telenor Pakistan Hacked my domain djuice.pk

I was running my blog at djuice.pk and all of sudden it stopped working today.

It is very strange that my domain is being transferred to Telenor Pakistan without any notification to me by my domain registrar.
Reply Quote
4/20/2008 07:39
please also look at this

http://public.icann.org/node/343#comment-760
Reply Quote
5/30/2008 23:08
did ya got any reply from dynadot about your domain...
i think telenor have bought the whole server of ur domain...
perhaps the priority will give to those customers who buys whole server rather than the customer who purchases the domain.... but instead of this the notification should have given to u....
regards
Ashhad Shabbir
Reply Quote
6/17/2008 21:46
Disclosure: This email is being sent to multiple concerned authorities and individuals including ICANN, Government of Pakistan, HKIAC, APTLD, ccTLDs Managers and other related officials at different organizations as BCC to respect their privacy but is addressed to all as a growing issue in Pakistan Internet Community.

Dear All,

While California based PKNIC SRS, Inc. (http://pknic.net.pk) has done a great job in the past for managing .pk ccTLD now Pakistan Internet community is very well educated and aware of their rights and cannot be fooled around by making fake PKNIC Advisory Group, false statements like “The policy for PKNIC is open to change by all Pakistanis (by voting)”, making a brand new controversial DNDRC.COM in 2006 for .pk domain name resolutions and using technical words on the website like “Delegation” and “Members of Shared Registry System” to give an impression like .pk registry is being run on share base model and public is making policies by vote. Those poor SRS Members are merely treated as pknic resellers with no access to the registry system except via email to submit a domain register form, that is all. We have seen tremendous increase in public complaints at public forums as well as with Government of Pakistan/PTA. Mr. Zahid Jamil (who owns DNDRC.COM) gave a presentation at recent PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) meeting leaving doubts like he is a pknic spokesman, even some people raised their eyebrows whether he is a salaried staff member of pknic? Same kind of concerns have also been seen on internet public forums. Initially when I suggested to outsource .pk registry to companies like Afilias or Neustar following .IN model, I was called as “Jews Agent” and person having “Indian Agenda” and what not.

read more at
http://www.pakpoint.com/2008/06/17/dndrccom-and-issues-at-pk-cctld/

[This post has been edited by p_n_lahore_pk on Jun 17, 2008 9:46pm.]
Reply Quote
6/18/2008 22:09
Reply Quote
Posted By pesh
6/28/2008 04:44
Podzap you're right about .bg, I'm from Bulgaria and our regional registry has a really bad rep here because of such doings and high prices for a .bg domain.
Local registries sometimes act like complete assholes and you can rarely do anything about it but I suggest that people should at least react somehow, and some day something might change.
Reply Quote
4/6/2009 03:04
What is the latest update on this issue?
Reply Quote