Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
A record pointing to Dynadot hosting service not working
4/1/2014 00:35
On this page ( http://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/basic-hosting-IP ), it says that the current basic hosting IP is 173.245.76.50. However, if I set the A record of my domain to that IP, my browser cannot connect to it (and it forwards me to www. subdomain). My www. subdomain is also set with the A record to this address. I must use A records and not auto settings, because our mail provider is elsewhere (google apps).
Reply Quote
4/1/2014 17:51
You don't have Basic Hosting with us, so that's not the correct IP address you should be using.  You have the Advanced Hosting package on the nectarine.dynadot.com server.  You can try to change your A record to point to IP 64.64.15.105 and see if that resolves the issue.
Reply Quote
4/12/2014 06:41
Thanks, altough it doesn't work with that either. In the cPanel it shows a different IP (64.64.15.107), ftp works with that IP, though I still can't reach the index.html in the public_html directory, or anything else on the server.
Reply Quote