Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
adding CNAMEs to point subdomains to blogs on WordPress.com
2/17/2015 07:32
Hello, I would need some help with the following :

One of my domains I have at dynadot (iosphera.com), is mapped to my porfolio at WordPress.com (iosphera.wordpress.com), it works perfectly.

Now I would like to map 2 subdomains to other WordPress.com blogs (in fact my portfolio in English and French). Concretely :

- fr.iosphera.com mapping to iosphera2.wordpress.com
- en.iosphera.com mapping to iosphera3.wordpress.com

I need to add CNAME records to point that subdomains to their respective blogs but I can't figurate out how to do this.

Can you help me?

Thank you a lot!!
Reply Quote
2/19/2015 10:35
The domain iosphera.com is currently set to WordPress name servers. When name servers are in use, subdomains cannot be created with us. You would generally need to set up those subdomains with your web hosting provider.

If you needed to create subdomains for iosphera.com with Dynadot, you would have to switch over to our DNS. Using DNS will override the name server settings you currently have in place.
Reply Quote
2/20/2015 02:30
Hello and thank you for answering.

I'm not sure I understand:

"The domain iosphera.com is currently set to WordPress name servers. When name servers are in use, subdomains cannot be created with us. You would generally need to set up those subdomains with your web hosting provider."

that means with wordpress.com ? from their side they say it must be done with the domain registrar. So no solution here ?

"If you needed to create subdomains for iosphera.com with Dynadot, you would have to switch over to our DNS. Using DNS will override the name server settings you currently have in place."

that means I could could change the name servers as if iosphera.com was parked in dynadot, and then create the subdomains, but then I could change again the name servers and have the domain and its 2 subdomains mapped to WordPress or not?

thankk you for your help
Reply Quote
2/20/2015 05:05
Ok resolved. I could make it work through WordPress indeed!
Thank you again
Reply Quote
2/23/2015 07:55
It's our pleasure!
Reply Quote