Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Adding text to DNS configuration
1/25/2016 09:03
To verify my domain ownership with Google I have to add some text to the DNS configuration.

However, I can't see how to do that. The generic instructions I can find don't seem to match the situation with Dynadot:

---------------------
Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records.

The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.

Locate the TXT records for your domain. You may already have one or more records resembling:

Name / Host / Alias     Time to Live (TTL)      Record Type     Value / Answer / Destination
Blank or @      86400   TXT     v=spf1 ip4:123.123.123.123 ~all

Add a TXT record with the correct values for your desired use case. To find out exactly what values to enter, see TXT record values.
---------------------

I can't find anything like "DNS Management", "Name Server Management", or "Advanced Settings" on my Dynadot account. Anyone know where to look?
Reply Quote
1/25/2016 10:17
I've found some old forum posts which show me how to do it. But the problem now is this:

"NOTE: You must enter a domain record type (A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding) if you want to use a TXT record. You will not be able to set a TXT record without an additional record type."

I've no idea what to choose here.
Reply Quote
1/25/2016 13:30
Or should I be doing this through my cPanel account at my hosting provider?
Reply Quote
1/26/2016 06:21
I've now worked out that I need to be making these changes through my hosting provider, not Dynadot (my domain name company).
Reply Quote
1/26/2016 15:48
Yes, if you're using third party name servers for your domains, changes should be made through your web host directly.
Reply Quote