Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Cannot be private?
2/6/2014 09:35
I ordered a transfer for a domain recently moving to dynadot from another company as I felt it was worth to move to dynadot for a little extra than what they wanted for privacy as this also auto renewed my domain, I made sure to select the privacy option to hide my details on a whois search as was part of the plan with the transfer. However I've noticed that nothing has changed since the transfer and my details are still widely available to everyone. I am using a .be domain.

thanks
Reply Quote
2/6/2014 16:25
The Central Registry for .BE domains does not allow privacy services to be used with their domains so we are not able to add the service for you.

How do I add domain privacy to a domain in my Dynadot account?

Want to add domain privacy to one of your domains? We have two available privacy options:

1. Partial privacy, which hides all of your personal information except your name
  2. Full privacy, which hides all of your personal information including your name.

You can easily add privacy within your Dynadot account by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to the domain name(s) you wish to add privacy and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "Privacy Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. Select either "Partial" or "Full" privacy from the drop-down menu and click the "Save Settings" button to add privacy to your domain.

NOTE: If you choose to use our domain privacy service, your personal information, including your name (when full privacy is enabled), email address, mailing address, and phone number, is replaced by our domain privacy service information and will not be sent to the central registry. This will also happen when we escrow your Whois data to the third party data escrow service as required by ICANN.

If one of the domains selected does not allow privacy, or if any domains are expired, this will result in an error message. See a list of domains that do not allow privacy.

From Help Section: Domains > Domain Privacy > How do I add domain privacy to a doma...
Reply Quote
2/6/2014 19:07
In this case, does this mean I have possibly paid more than I needed to pay as I ticked it when I paid for the transfer? I paid $11.99. Thanks.
Reply Quote
2/9/2014 17:51
No, $11.99 is the cost of a .BE transfer:

https://www.dynadot.com/company/prices.html
Reply Quote