Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
changing nameservers for a .de domain
1/22/2014 07:10
I m getting this message when I try to set up nameservers for a .de domain I just purchased.

Name servers for DE domains must respond to DNS queries for the domain before being set.

Can you guys help me?
Reply Quote
1/22/2014 10:02
Your name servers have to be configured to your domain before you can set them.  If you're hosting with a third party, you'll want to check to make sure the name servers respond to DNS queries.

Why am I unable to set my name servers for my .DE domain?

The central registry for .DE domains requires that all name servers respond to DNS queries before they can be set to a .DE domain. This means that not only will your name servers need to be valid, they will also need to be properly configured to serve your specific domain and have diverse IP addresses associated to them.

If you receive an error message when trying to set name servers for your .DE domain, one or more of these requirements have not been met. To check your name servers, try running a Pre-Delegation Check. This should help you pin-point the issue so you can inform your web host.

Here is more information on .DE name server requirements.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > Why am I unable to set my name server...
Reply Quote