Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
CSR(ssl) question.
2/1/2007 00:29
How do I retrieve a CSR? Also can I add ssl to a transfered account or do I need to pay for webhosting also, and how would I go about doing this?
Reply Quote
2/1/2007 14:33
Your existing webserver for your domain will need to generate the CSR.  Our web hosting packages are for static websites only, so they are not able to install SSL certificates.
Reply Quote
2/2/2007 20:50
Also, if I did a transfer, how do I change the name servers to YOUR servers? I do not longer want to keep my old registrars servers, even if it means I have to pay extra money.
Reply Quote
2/3/2007 21:00
After you domain is transferred, you can set your name servers to anything you want. Setting name servers is free.

You can also set your domain to use our webhosting. That costs $11.99 a year.
Reply Quote
2/4/2007 01:01
Well I try clicking on "Web Hosting" but it says, "
There are no websites in this account.There are no DynaSites in this account."
Reply Quote
2/5/2007 15:41
If you have not purchased our webhosting plans, then setting your domain to "Dynadot Hosting" will lead any visitors to your domain to a "Host Not Found" page.  If you have a webpage/website you want your domain to point to, you should use one of the other name server settings (domain forwarding, stealth forwarding, etc.).

If you currently do not have a website for your domain, you can choose to park it with the Dynadot Parking option.
Reply Quote