Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain Aliases
1/11/2007 21:09
I need to know how to make www.mydomain.com work.
My friend is my host (he owns it) and he will give me as many accounts as I need. So currently http://mydomain.com works, but www.mydomain.com does not work. Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Zach Edwards
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
1/11/2007 22:17
If your friend is hosting your site this should help both of you set up your DNS at DynaDot

10. How do I set up DNS for my domain?

To set up DNS for your domain, please follow the steps listed below:

On the Account Summary page, look for the "Domain Summary" box. Click the "manage domains" link in the upper right corner of the box. This takes you to the Manage Domain Names page.
Click on the link listed in the "Name Server" column. After the page loads, you should see your current name server choice close to the top of the page.
Scroll down to the "Other Choices" section and find the "Dynadot DNS" section.
Enter in the IP Address of your web server in the first text box. If you have an Email Server or MX Record available for your domain email, enter in the hostname and the distance (otherwise known as priority) in the subsequent text boxes. You can also specify subdomain A records and CNAME records.
Click the "Use Dynadot DNS" button to save your changes.
Please be aware that it might take some time for your changes to propagate.
Reply Quote