Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain forwarding/redirection and SSL
6/17/2021 07:08
I am trying to get my Dynadot domain to forward to a blog hosted by on vivaldi.net. It produced a security alert when people try to do it; something. to do with Dynadot's SSL not matching Vivaldi's.

" Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from hughosb.org.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
This server could not prove that it is hughosb.org.uk; its security certificate is from *.dynadot.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. "

What have I misconfigured?? I followed instructions.
Reply Quote
6/17/2021 08:17
Not to worry; it is resolved. But I cannot delete this: sorry.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
pdxpcdr replied h_s_k_scarisbrick_gb :12/4/2021 22:25
THANK YOU! and  OMG you would think this would not be a thing people do in 2021, but its worse as time goes on!
Reply Quote
6/25/2021 16:53
I know you have solved this problem but for the sake of others looking at this post with a similar issue I'll help. There is a mismatch between the certificate and the domain. Try reissuing the SSL certificate to see if that solves the problem.
Follow the steps in this help article here.
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/ssl-reissued
Reply Quote