Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
domain on hold ?
1/20/2014 06:15
hi

when i visiting one of my .in domain which was not resolving and i saw its on hold in whois

what is the reason
Reply Quote
1/20/2014 12:34
I've got the same problem. At least 4 of my .in domains registered at Dynadot are put on hold. They were all regged in January this year. No idea what's the reason as no notification was sent.
Reply Quote
1/21/2014 11:47
I am facing the same issue for the past few months, unfortunately dynadot staff is not very supportive and also doing nothing to help me.. In all means , dynadot is a great registar.. for first time i am really frustrated with dynadot as they are not helping me at all..

very sad
Reply Quote
1/21/2014 15:46
justdom:
tenjiku:

Please email [email protected] regarding your .IN domains.

d_hyderabad_in:

We are sorry to hear about your frustration.  Please also email [email protected] regarding your .IN issue.
Reply Quote
1/22/2014 03:20
I am also having this issue.

I newly registered 14 .in names this year and have found out that they are on HOLD.  Dynadot stated this:

Hello,

The Registry has informed us that these have been identified as abusive domains. Some domains have already been blacklisted by security companies while others have been created by known offenders linked with spam organizations. These are domains that have been confirmed as engaging in or associated with spam activity appearing on spam block lists such as Spamhaus or SURBL. As such, they have been disabled.

.IN Registry has been very strict on things like this in the past.  We will do our best to advocate for you, but ultimately cannot overrule a 'hold' at the Registry level.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Support Team

But this is not acceptable.  I paid money to register these names with the natural assumption that I could use them.  If they are blacklisted from past owners, they should not be available to BUY anymore.  I cannot trust to buy any more .in names as I am worried they are not usable.
Reply Quote
1/22/2014 03:27
Further.  If the registry has determined these names to be blacklisted, then they remove them from existence and not allow a person to pay money and register them.  It is taking someone's money knowing they can't use the name.  That is fraudulent.  A misrepresentation.

I buy names and park them at sedo for hopes to sell them.  I do not spam people with them.
Reply Quote
1/26/2014 15:42
We are working with the .IN Registry to address this issue.
Reply Quote