Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain to Point to Specific Bluehost Subdomain
4/8/2023 19:16
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to point my Dynadot domain to a specific Bluehost subdomain of mine.  

I'm a bit ignorant about using the correct terminology: I want my Dynadot domain www.catsitterangela.com to point specifically to catsitter.[domainnameatbluehost].[extension]

But, I want it so that www.catsitterangela.com remains in the address bar, not changes to catsitter.[domainnameatbluehost].[extension].  

PLUS, say for example I was viewing a specific directory page on that subdomain.  I would want the address bar to indicate that I am looking at that directory, so www.catsitterangela.com/subdirectory NOT perform a stealth redirect so that I only see www.catsitterangela.com, regardless of what page or directory I am viewing.

I want to keep my Dynadot domain with Dynadot and not transfer it so that Bluehost manages it.  Plus, I want this Dynadot domain to only point to a specific directory, catsitterangela.[domainnameatbluehost].[extension], not to any other subdirectories or [domainnameatbluehost].[extension] overall.

What settings would I select in order to do this?
Reply Quote
5/4/2023 07:46
Hello,

We sincerely apologise for the delayed response!

We can see that you have gotten assistance with this via email, which is excellent. It is always the best idea to reach out to us via chat or email, if prompt assistance is needed.

Best regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Reply Quote