Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain Unreachable. Has been reachable before
10/12/2013 00:10
This is the 3rd time in last few months that Dyna seems to forget the DNS A records for a domain. I've 2 domains that are now unreachable, but two days ago were all OK, and had been for last 1-2 months.

Using Dyna NS and A records point to host. Other domains using same host and ip are OK, just these 2.
So what's the solution?
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 21:16
Don't rush me with answers. Does Dyna actually have a ticketed support system I can use? As I've 2 domains that are no longer resolving and I need the issue fixed ASAP
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 13:22
Well it appears someone has managed to have 11 of my sites put on "Client hold" because of alleged spam/malware complaints. How dodgy is that!

No one contacts me to check the veracity of the claims, which are completely false, and no evidence is provided to prove the claims.

And for the record, these are bog standard WP blogs used in my own backlinking network. No email is ever sent from these domains, all have security s/ware enabled, to prevent uploading of malicious scripts etc.There is no malware, no files to d/load. So the domains are 100% clean, but it appears anyone can take down a domain with a fake complaint to a registrar. Guilty before proven

And an email to Dynadot hasn't yet elicited a response. Surely they don't all go home on the w/end. It's a 24/7 operation.

Not happy at all, in fact absolutely fuming at this shoddy treatment.

So, if you use Dynadot, be aware they can and will take your domains offline at the whim of someone faking a complaint against you. And you are not given the chance to refute these claims before they disable the domains.
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 16:19
Thank you for posting. We would not be able to discuss any of the details of your account, or this complaint, here, but we have received your email and an account manger will be replying to you during the week.  

As for your anger over the lack of notice, I do want to point out that was the Central Registry who disabled these domains, not Dynadot.  The reasons for this were mentioned in the email we sent you.
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 22:53
Thanks. But still mad as hell. No contact from Dynadot and my domains have been offline for few days now.
And who's the Central Registry? Icann?
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 22:56
And it still doesn't make sense, and it reeks of arrogance and shoddy customer treatment to disable domains without ONCE consulting the domain owner.
That's like a cop giving you a ticket because your neighbour told him he thinks he saw you speeding yesterday. Totally wrong on all accounts and cannot be justified.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 23:02
NVM.. I take it all back.. all holds have now been removed at least that's what showing on my account. But I've never been notified. Still happy now. Sanity has prevailed. And funny thing is, I just realized one of the domains banned for alleged  spamming/malware is an empty dopmain i.e. I hadn't got around to setting it up in my network. Go figure...
Reply Quote