Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domains wont work with www.
1/3/2007 05:07
I recently purchased a new webhosting reseller account, and setup my custom nameservers. http://perplexhost.com

For some reason, I cant view the page if I visit www.perplexhost.com. This applies to all of the accounts on my reseller (3) and the domains are through dynadot. When I registered the Name servers, i thought all went well. Today, i changd the nameservers of a customer for him through yahoo to my name servers ns1.perplexhost.con and ns2.... Yahoo reported an error saying ns2.perplexhost.com isn't on a network or somethign like that. Is ns2 related to www? Please help.
Reply Quote
1/4/2007 01:17
Usually, when you can see "domain.com", but you can't see "www.domain.com", it is a caching issue.

Sometimes restarting your computer will clear the cache.

Also, you can use our new snapshot tool to see the uncached version of your domain.
Reply Quote
1/4/2007 08:01
Sometimes my domain work with www sometimes it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
1/4/2007 13:06
My problem has been solved. For some reason, only at school it doenst work. No idea why. Thanks for the suggestions.
Reply Quote
1/5/2007 10:53
Some institutions block certain websites from being accessed in their internal network.  This may serve as a form of protection for websites that are not considered "safe".
Reply Quote
1/6/2007 07:46
My domain dont work at all somethimes. When I go on it I see

Index of /

Name                    Last modified       Size  Description

[DIR] Parent Directory        04-Jan-2007 21:39      -  

Apache/1.3.33 Server at frencity.net Port 80

but my friends can view my site, and I cant. plz help. :(
Reply Quote
1/7/2007 00:09
Have you tried our new snapshot tool in the control panel? It will show you what your website looks like, without any caching.

If what you see is different than what the snapshot tool shows, then there is an old ip address or web page cached somewhere inside your system.

Try restarting your computer. Sometimes that clears the cache.
Reply Quote