Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
DROA? Legit?
5/3/2007 11:01
Today I received a letter from someone calling themselves the Domain Registry Of America (DROA) telling me to renew my domain with them. The domain isn't due to run out untill September, and I assumed that I would have to renew my domain with you when it runs out. What's the deal?
Reply Quote
5/3/2007 14:03
Unless you want to transfer your domain to DRoA (Domain Registry of America), we suggest that you do not respond to their letter.  We have an article written about DRoA here:

Warning About Domain Registry of America
http://www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=11
Reply Quote
5/5/2007 12:16
Thanks, thought it looked dodgy.
Reply Quote
Posted By c-web
5/5/2007 23:57
Yeah, and when you try to stop them from sending stuff, those idiots keep sending them. I called them 3 times and told them not to mail me again, and I'm still getting them.

I never put the pieces together that all the domains were from dynadot though, I guess it makes a little more sense now.

Has dynadot taken any action?
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
5/9/2007 08:27
Do they send a SASE along with their mail ?
I would then return it stuffed with junk mail... o:)
Reply Quote
5/14/2007 15:18
> I never put the pieces together that all the domains were
> from dynadot though, I guess it makes a little more sense
> now.

I believe DRoA sends the email to the mailing address listed in the Whois.  Most likely they are targeting domains registered by other domain registrars, not just Dynadot.
Reply Quote