Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
FTP clients will not connect
7/12/2011 12:48
Attempting to FTP upload some data to my website, www.comfort-zone.tv
I cannot get either "Fetch" or "Cyberduck" to make a successful login. I believe I am correctly using the proper server, username and password, as shown on my Dynadot account's home page.

Cyberduck gives the error "I/O Error: Connection failed. Connection closed without indication"

Fetch shows: "The FTP connection to "webhost.dynadot.com" could not be opened because the FTP server dropped the connection. Try again or contact the server adminitratot to verufy that the server is running."

I am using Mac OSX 10.6. Thank you!
Reply Quote
7/12/2011 14:58
Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to use Dynadot account information to FTP.  Dynadot account information is not the same as FTP login information.   This should help.

How do I access my Email plan?

NOTE: We no longer support the "hosting" services in our Email plan (formerly called Email Hosting), including FTP. New purchases of our Email service will only have access to an email control panel to manage emails.

To access your Email plan, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Emails" from the left-side menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Sign in" link.
  4. Your Email Hosting will load in a new window on your browser. From here, you can manage your email settings, add new email addresses, and configure your email accounts.

Additionally, our email service can be accessed from the Dynadot App by clicking "My Emails" > choosing the email plan you need to use > Sign in.

How do I set my domain to your Email Hosting?
How do I create domain email addresses in my Email plan?
How do I let others access their email online with my Email plan? From Help Section: Email Plan > How do I access my Email plan?

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Jul 12, 2011 3:00pm.]
Reply Quote
12/22/2011 07:42
I have followed your instructions to the letter, and still have no success with both Fetch 5.3 and Cyberduck 4.0.2. I have no problems using these two programs to log into my sites hosted by ADDR.com and GoDaddy.

Perhaps you can recommend a different program for Mac OSX that other users have had success with?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
1/2/2012 13:24
I am unable to use Cyberduck or Fetch as well. I was told the people I contacted would look into it but it has been several weeks and I have heard nothing. I can use BBEdit's built-in FTP editor and I can also use FileZilla. However, I absolutely deplore having to use these. I hacked checked Cyberduck's support tickets and it appears that it is Dyandot's setup that is preventing us from using these most basic of tools.
Reply Quote
1/3/2012 10:01
Fetch works fine for me.  I am unable to connect with Cyberduck.  

http://www.dynadot.tv/Screen%20shot%202012-01-03%20at%209.59.43%20AM.png

"I hacked checked Cyberduck's support tickets and it appears that it is Dyandot's setup that is preventing us from using these most basic of tools."

While there are some nuances to our FTP Basic Hosting is nothing about it that should make Cyberduck and only Cyberduck fail when connecting.  While browsing their help section, I found several help tickets from their customers encountered the same error.
Reply Quote
4/23/2012 22:05
Cyberduck does not work with Dynadot at all. I downloaded Filezilla and that works.
Reply Quote
4/12/2013 05:43
I follow the steps TO THE LETTER and get to the "Click "Hosting" up the top." I click that and I have NOTHING there. I have wasted roughly 1 and a half hours to now find that I don't have anything there. What should I do as I NEED FTP for a MyBB Forum I am making?
Reply Quote
4/17/2013 13:14
t_h_perth_au:

There is nothing on the 'Hosting' page in your account because you are not hosting with us.  FTP accounts are provided by your web host.  Please contact them for assistance.
Reply Quote
4/12/2015 11:28
I have transferred my domain from NAME.COM to Dynadot, and now I'm feeling, it was a wrong decision.

Issue#1: I was chatting with a support representative last night. This guy was unbelievable. How does a rude guy like him become a support representative! I'm having difficulties with my DNS register, and seems like that guy doesn't know anything about it. I asked him- "Do you know about DNS register?" That's all, he closed the chat session and blocked my IP. Now I'm not able to take help from live support! What is this?

Issue#2: I have been using Hostgator hosting for last 3 years without any problem. I had some webmails with my domain name. After transferring to Dynadot, none of them are working!!

Issue#3: FTP accounts are no longer working since then.

Issue#4: I have my DNS registered (ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com), the work with other domains but the domain I registered DNSs is showing ns1.dynadot.com and ns2.dynadot.com! Holy cow!
Reply Quote