Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Give access to a domain's DNS (edit) to another Dynadot account?
11/9/2018 08:40
A developers (for a client) wants to change the DNS for a particular domain directly himself... He created a Dynadot account and sent me the details... Is there a way I can give him access to the DNS of a particular domain?

(I moved to Dynadot this Summer. Giving access to clients for DNS or Name Server changes was very easy at my previous registrar.)
Reply Quote
11/11/2018 04:16
go my domain page and click nameserver......Add nameserver name.
Again go domain page and click in domain and select your nameserver.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied professor :11/14/2018 01:25
Yes. Name servers can be set for domains in this way, thank you.
Reply Quote
11/14/2018 01:24
I'll forward your feedback to our team. Unfortunately only the account holder can manage the domain and change the settings from within the account for security reasons. I'll forward your feedback to our team.
Reply Quote
11/26/2018 17:06
The replies are off topic... I have found the answer to my question. It is simply NO... As of now, there is no way to give access to one of my domains in my account... to another Dynadot account... Any domain at Dynadot can only be accessed by one account (the owner's account)...

That said, for who has the patience, Dynadot offers an "advanced API" that allows another party (not the owner) to modify a domain by using special commands using a special KEY issued by the owner... More info here: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/api3.html
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied a_e_london_gb_2 :12/10/2018 02:15
We apologize for the late reply. Yes, for security's layer, the account could only be accessed by the owner and the api could allow some of the settings to be made. And thanks for sharing the answer.
Reply Quote