Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Google Verification
4/14/2011 04:44
In my attempt to work with Google Webmaster tools for one of domains, I've been given a short code for adding a DNS record to my domain's configuration for the purpose of verifying that I'm the owner of this domain. I've tried to figure out how to do this, but am lost.

Please tell me in simple steps what to do.  Thanks so much.
Reply Quote
4/14/2011 15:54
Hello,

Here is a link for the Google help page for this issue:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/topic.py?topic=8469

For our part, please follow these steps:

1)  Click on your domain
2)  Click the DNS tab
3)  Enter the txt code in the second box from the top

Good Luck!

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
4/15/2011 15:20
Thank you for your reply, but this didn't work from me.
I continued to get a message at Google saying the verification failed, even though I copied and pasted their code. Then I noticed that on the page where I was putting this in, a message said I had to put in my DNS record in the top box; that it was required. Is that the same as and IP address? Anyway, I put that in, then since I didn't see any place to hit "submit" I make what must have been a mistake and clicked the button at the bottom. The result is that now my name servers have been changed, which was not my intention all all.

I would like to change them back. If you have any other advice, maybe I will try this one more time.

[This post has been edited by f_e_dahlonega_us on Apr 15, 2011 3:21pm.]
Reply Quote
4/16/2011 14:58
I solved my problems.

I tried to delete my previous post, but didn't see a way to do that.
Reply Quote
10/12/2014 06:51
Its a complete mystery to me. I have tried everything under the sun with no success. I have reached out to my web host and Dynadot and there seems to be no help, no function, and no answer. It seem one needs to be able to add code to the root directory of ones website. I dont have that capability currently and my host seems distant and mostly unavailable. I will be successful eventually. How did you solve your problems, f_e_?
Reply Quote
10/12/2014 16:13
I'm sorry you feel we were of no help. The issue is that you are using the name servers of your web host. Name Servers control all DNS records. If you were to use our DNS to add the Google records, your site would no longer function as described by f_e_dahlonega_us above. That is why we suggested adding the needed verification records through your web host.

If, for some reason, your web host is unable to do this for you, ask them if you can point your domain to your website using an IP address or CNAME. Ask also for the MX record they use for email. With that information, we can add the needed records on our DNS page.
Reply Quote
2/25/2015 09:11
Google webmaster tool provided html code not text.
how to verify with the html code
Reply Quote