Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Having my domain as a minecraft IP
8/18/2013 02:48
I often host a server at home playing with my friends, and then just for fun I bought a domain on dynadot called evensip.com (My name is Even so it would kind of be funny calling the domain even's ip .com). Its much more easier remembering a domain name instead of an ip that is like 11.22.33.44. So what I need help to is using my domain (evensip.com) as a minecraft IP. I'm not gonna use a website with the domain, just use it on minecraft. Sooo I wonder, how do I do it? And is it possible doing it without having the mc.evensip.com? Because what I want my result to be is evensip.com instead of like 13.52.63.86.

I've searched the internet for quite a long time, and I have tried the DNS feature on dynadot with A records and stuff like that. Sadly no success has come out of it. So if anyone are willing to help I'll be really really glad :).
Reply Quote
8/18/2013 05:39
Hello Even,

First of all, You need static IP for Your server.
There are workarounds for dynamic IPs but static is the best.
Second (of all), You could use Dynadot DNS service, and point the A record for that domain, and subdomains such as www. or *. to Your IP.

That's it.

Best Regards,
Jovan
Reply Quote
8/18/2013 12:14
What does *. do?
Reply Quote
8/19/2013 16:23
The * acts as a catch-all.  For example,  if you create a record for *.dynadot.com, the change applies to anything written before the .dynadot.com.  info.dynadot.com, sales.dynadot.com, etc...
Reply Quote