Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
how can i set ip address?
1/24/2007 02:28
I want to host the domain I have registered through Dynadot through my ISP.  They need me to change the name servers to:
NS1.FORCE9.NET 195.166.128.16
NS2.FORCE9.NET 195.166.128.17

however when I try to do this the Dynadot system will only let me me input the ns records and then it says that it can't find the IP addresses.  Is there anyway I can input these?

Thanks
Reply Quote
1/24/2007 15:35
We only need the name server names to set to your domain. The IP addresses 195.166.128.16 and 195.166.128.17 are the IP's of the name server machines themselves and are probably different from the IP of the actual server that will host your site.

The IP address of the machine that actually hosts your site is given by the name servers, and right now, the name servers NS1.FORCE9.NET, NS2.FORCE9.NET aren't returning that IP address when asked for it. So you should probably contact your webhost and ask them if your domain is on their name servers' domain list.
Reply Quote