Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
how can I transfer an expired domain?
12/6/2014 08:41
Hello,

I had registered a .co.uk domain

Now it's expired and someone else wants to use it, I do not want to renew it again, how can I transfer it to that person?

Thanks
Reply Quote
12/7/2014 16:08
You cannot transfer an expired .co.uk. You'll need to renew it first. Expired gTLDs can be transferred if they are still within the 'Renewal Grace Period'.

Can I transfer my expired domain to another registrar?

While we strongly recommend initiating your domain transfer at least 2 weeks prior to its expiration date, it's sometimes possible to transfer an expired domain. You would just need to unlock your domain and retrieve your authorization code from within your Dynadot account.

If transferring a domain after it has expired, you will need to make sure to complete the transfer before the Renewal Grace Period ends. This is typically 30 days after a domain expires. After a domain has been unlocked, it will automatically re-lock again when the domain enters the final 2 days of its renewal grace period and will need to be renewed before it can be unlocked again.

Please note: Not all expired domains can be transferred. This can apply but not limited to:

• Domains that have entered the Redemption Period will need to be restored before they can be transferred.
  • Domains that have received a bid in the Expired Auction.
  • Most expired ccTLDs cannot be transferred at all.
From Help Section: Domains > Domain Transfers > Can I transfer my expired domain to a...
Reply Quote