Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
How to do office365 domain varification
12/16/2011 19:31
can anyone help how to follow the instruction from microsoft on dynadot to complete the domain varification process?

----------------------------------------------

Use the table and instructions below to create a TXT record for a domain that is registered at your domain registrar. For general instructions about verifying a domain, see Verify a domain at any domain name registrar.

Create a TXT record at your domain registrar

Note: Your domain registrar’s website may differ from that described in these instructions.

Alias or Host Name

Destination or Points to Address

TTL

@

MS=ms67xxxxxx

1 Hour

1.Sign in to your domain registrar’s website, and then select the domain that you’re verifying.
2.In the DNS management area for your account, choose the option to add a TXT record for your domain.
3.In the TXT box for the domain, type the following: @
4.In the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or Points to box, type the following: MS=ms67xxxxxx
5.Where it asks for TTL information, type the following: 1 Hour
6.Save your changes, and then sign out of your domain registrar’s website. Wait at least 15 minutes for this change to take effect.
7.Return to Office 365 and click the Verify button below.

Note:
Typically it takes about 15 minutes for your changes to take effect. However, it can take up to 72 hours for the record that you created to propagate through the DNS system.
Reply Quote
12/17/2011 11:45

How do I enter a TXT record for my domain?

A TXT (text) record is used to store arbitrary text data about a domain. It's commonly used for verifying domain ownership, setting up email authentication (SPF, DKIM), etc.

To enter a TXT record for your domain, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and then "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Under the "Domain Record (optional)" section, select "TXT" from the "Record Type" drop-down.
  7. Specify your TXT record in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  8. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Note:

• If you have been instructed to add an "@", this simply means that the record should be entered under the "Domain Record (optional)" section. The "@" itself should not be entered.
  • If your host provides you with a Host Name/Alias other than the "@" or the domain itself, please add the TXT record under the "Subdomain Record (optional)" section, and fill the Host Name value under the "Subdomain" box.
  • If you have already set name servers for your domain, please add the TXT record in your hosting control panel rather than your Dynadot account.

NOTE: The TXT record cannot be set by itself; you must enter a root domain record type (A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding) if you want to use a TXT record. You will not be able to set a TXT record without an additional record type.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How do I enter a TXT record for my do...
Reply QuoteHide Replies
d_m_hillsborough_us_1 replied teamdynadot :4/21/2020 14:57
Sorry, @teamdynadot, but I'm still stuck.  Microsoft indicates to create a TXT record with the following values:
=====
Name: @
Value: MS=ms******** (masked - it's ms followed by 8 digits)
TTL: 1 hour
=====
In the DNS Settings page, under Custom DNS, TXT just has one field to fill in called "IP Address or Target Host" - what do I put in that field?  Is it the Value (MS=ms********) only, or something else?  Right now, the only text I have in the "IP Address or Target Host" field is (without quotes) "MS=ms********".  Please help ... thanks!
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied d_m_hillsborough_us_1 :4/30/2020 01:58
Name @ means the setting is for the root domain, you can add the record to the upper main section under Custom DNS. Yes, the Value (MS=ms********) should be added to the field under "IP Address or Target Host".
Reply Quote