Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
I wish to use my domain registered with dynadaot to point to my new hosting.
2/24/2007 13:44
Hi,

I wish to use my domain registered with dynadaot to point to my new hosting. I have changed the name servers to what the new hosting company told me.

In the IP Lookup i see the new IPs fine but when i try to navigate to my site it still points to the web space i signed up at Dynadot and not the new hosting.

What have i done wrong here?

Please tell me ..... anyone?

Digvijay
Reply Quote
2/24/2007 14:17
What does the snapshot tool show? Sometimes restarting your computer can clear all caching.
Reply Quote
2/24/2007 14:25
Yes,

In the snapshot tool it does show the new pages i have put on the new host. I could tell because i have removed all files from the web space i bought at dynadot.

How to proceed now?

My Browser still takes me to dynadot webspace ... :(
Reply Quote
2/24/2007 14:43
Hi,

Do you have an IM or phone number where i can contact support?

/Digvijay
Reply Quote
2/24/2007 18:46
If the snapshot tool shows the correct pages, then than means there is a caching problem somewhere. You probably need to wait for the cache to expired. But the rest of the world will see your new pages, not the parking page.

On weekends we only have email/forum support. On weekdays you can call us:

https://www.dynadot.com/company/contact.html
Reply Quote
2/26/2007 10:46
First setup your nameservers, then contact the company that provides your hosting and ask them to add your domain to there dns records, after you do this you can setup a pointer from your cpanel or plesk.
Reply Quote