Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Intermittent problem: Domain name not working
10/9/2007 15:51
Every once in a while, usually during the day (not nights or evenings) my domain name *********.com stops working. It says that the website is not found. It is set up as an addon domain, so when I go to access the site through the subdomain of my other site it works fine. So the only thing not working is the domain.

Any ideas? I've never heard of any kind of problem like this before. It's apparently not a hosting issue, because I can still access my site. It's only the name that's down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This post has been edited by s_n_coloradosprings_us on Oct 19, 2007 9:12am.]
Reply Quote
10/9/2007 16:08
I'm not quite sure what would cause this kind of problem.  Perhaps your web host is performing some sort of maintenance which affects your add-on domain?

Have you tried an IP lookup with the "details" checkbox selected?  Steps on how to access the IP lookup tool can be found here:

How do I access the IP lookup tool?

To do an IP lookup, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Find the domain name you want to check and click on the ellipsis next to the lock icon.
  4. Choose "ip lookup" from the list.

Your page should look like what is shown below:

The IP lookup will load in a new browser tab.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I access the IP lookup tool?
Reply Quote
10/19/2007 09:09
Hmm, forgot I posted this one. my new post with more details is at https://www.dynadot.com/account/forum/f7-domain-name-help/my-computer-is-the-only-one-that-can-t-access-my-website-1272.html.
Reply Quote