Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
IP Address instead nameserver
9/3/2007 22:34
On my hosting has 2 nameservers, which mean I have two IP address to point to my hosting server.

But in the domain control panel, there is only one place to put IP Address.

How can I put another IP Address there

Please help

thank you
Reply Quote
9/4/2007 03:08
Usually people create 2 name servers, one for each ip address.

For example:

ns1.mydomain.com = 1.2.3.4
ns2.mydomain.com = 1.2.3.5
Reply Quote
9/4/2007 09:06
yes, my question is
I want to use IP address instead of nameserver

But there is only 1 place to put this. And my hosting have 4 server= 4 IP addresses.

How can I put all of them?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
9/4/2007 15:59
Unfortunately, the Dynadot DNS name server option only allows 1 IP address for the domain and 1 IP for each sub domain.
Reply Quote
9/5/2007 22:30
"On my hosting has 2 nameservers, which mean I have two IP address to point to my hosting server. But in the domain control panel, there is only one place to put IP Address."

You might be looking in the wrong place on the control panel.

If your webhost provides you the two nameservers (something like ns1.yourwebhost.net, ns2.yourwebhost.net) you need to go to the name server settings for your registered domain

https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/name/server.html

The first of various options offered is:

"Hosting elsewhere (enter your hosting provider's name server names) - zone changes usually update every 20 minutes - Name Servers      manage name servers
Option 1: Enter Name Servers (ns1.myhost.com, ns2.myhost.com)."

There are two blank boxes directly under Option 1, put the names (not the addresses) which your webhost gave you as their nameservers. Click the "enter name servers" button.

This will indicate that your domain should use your webhost's name servers, not Dynadot's. You then use whatever tools the webhost provides on their servers to set up the rest of your site.
Reply Quote
9/8/2007 08:32
@c_a_b_kingston_ca,

Please read the question carefully.
Reply Quote