Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Majer Issue !
8/8/2007 05:08
My domain keeps forwarding back to your website even though the Name Servers have been changed can you please tell me what is going on

domain name = http://www.eclipsetorrents.org

regards

[This post has been edited by d_walford_gb on Aug 8, 2007 5:09am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
8/8/2007 05:53
Works fine my end. Remember if you make a change it takes time to propergate. Always use the snapshot tool in your domain list to check the true redirection of a domain.
Reply Quote
8/8/2007 11:31
We checked eclipsetorrents.org, and we have been able to view your website properly.  You may be experiencing a caching issue in which your computer or your Internet Service Provider is using your old name server settings.  This is fully explained in this article:

Domain Name Server Propagation

You can use our Snapshot Tool to view an uncached version of your website.  Steps to access the Snapshot tool can be found here:

How do I access the website snapshot tool?

Our website snapshot tool allows you to see what your website homepage looks like. The reason you may want to use this tool is to see if you're seeing a different - cached - version of your website.

To see your website's snapshot, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Click the ellipsis icon (...) beside the domain and choose "snapshot" from the dropdown.
  4. A pop-up window will appear showing you a current snapshot of your website.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I access the website snapshot ...
Reply Quote
8/8/2007 15:55
I have had this happen and as the staff has said it is simply a caching issue. It can come and go for the first few days after changing your nameservers. Alot of this depends on your ISP as well. I have had sites that propogated quickly with no issues and others that have taken up to almost a week to fully see all the cached IP's removed from the different providers DNS systems. Very frustrating for sure, but unfortunately no way to speed up the process.
Reply Quote
8/9/2007 12:31
Calling to your ISP may resolve this issue or changing the ISP is also another solution to this problem, Usually here it takes minimum of few minutes to a maximum of 4 days to resolve completely
Reply Quote