Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Minecraft Domain Recordd
1/19/2014 04:00
Hello,

I am creating a Minecraft Server and have brought a domain to use as the IP. I am unsure of how to do this with the dynadot control panel as the tutorial is using a different host.

Here is a link: http://www.hosthorde.com/clients/knowledgebase/3/Tutorial-for-setting-up-a-SRV-record.html

Thanks in advance,
Jordan
Reply Quote
1/19/2014 17:39
You can take the values they have provided and enter them on our DNS page as described here:

How do I enter an SRV record for my domain?

To enter an SRV record for your domain, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Under the "Subdomain Records(optional)" section, select "SRV" from the "Record Type" drop-down menu.
  7. Enter the Service and Protocol values together in the subdomain box. Add a period between the two.
  8. In the "IP Address or Target Host" field, enter in the Priority, Weight, Port and Target. Only add one space in between each value.
  9. Click on the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > How do I enter an SRV record for my d...

You're looking at something like:

'_minecraft.tcp'  in the subdomain field.  Record type 'SRV' and '0.0.[port].[address]' in the IP or Target Host field.  

** Please note that using our DNS will point your domain away from the hosting provider you are pointing to now.  You may need additional records for your main site or to enter this information directly with your hosting provider to keep your site online. **
Reply Quote