Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
More options needed to comply with Google Apps
4/29/2013 01:38
GOOGLE APPS requires 4 TXT records for the domain level (not subdomain): for verification, SPF, DKIM and DMARC. In addition, for DKIM signing and DMARC authentication we need to be able to change the HOST field. Please see more here: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716802

Please add option for more TXT records and option to change the host field.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
5/1/2013 17:54
You can achieve the same effect for Google's DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) by adding a TXT record to a subdomain.

The subdomain would need to be google._domainkey, and the TXT record would be whatever TXT record value is provided by Google.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
5/2/2013 10:04
Thanks. I followed your advice to use subdomain record for DKIM and it seems that it works fine (well at least when sending/receiving via google servers). However I'm not sure if this will work in all cases because the DKIM TXT record is not detected by DNS Lookup. I tested this using http://digwebinterface.com (With DNS changes propagated).

Other than DKIM workaround, we still need solution for the SPF record. As a workaround, maybe you can just enable EMPTY or @ value in the subdomain form field which will be considered as a TXT record for the domain.

I would assume that for DMARC I can try the subdomain TXT record just like for DKIM, but I will be able to test that once I'm able to setup SPF record.
Reply Quote
5/8/2013 12:05
Any update on this? Some mail servers reject emails if there is no SPF records of the mail server used to send the email.
Reply Quote
5/16/2013 15:22
Yes, this project has been specified and assigned.  We will allow 5 records for the main domain in the future. So multiple TXT records will be possible.  I don't yet have an ETA on a completion date from engineering.
Reply Quote