Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
My computer is the only one that can't access my website!
10/19/2007 08:56
This problem has stumped both tech support agents I've talked to thus far (My ISP and my web host).

The Problem (short version)
I cannot access my website.

Details:
1. It is an intermittent problem (happens for several hours at a time)

2. It only affects my computer/house (I only have one computer, so I can't find out if it's the computer or my whole house)

3. I can access the website as a subdomain of my main website (exampledomain.stevish.com)... but I can't access it by its real domain name (exampledomain.com).

4. I can access it through a proxy.

5. I have a dynamic IP address, and have renewed (and changed) it several times while the problem was occurring, and it did not fix the problem.

6. All the tech support people I've talked to at my ISP have no problem accessing the site.

7. I have other websites on the same server (and same hosting account) and can access them all just fine.

Any ideas? I'm open to try anything... but I'd prefer not to spend an hour of peak cell phone minutes talking to a tech support yahoo who can't even help me.
Reply Quote
10/19/2007 09:10
I tried the ip lookup with the details box checked... and I found nothing that looked out of the ordinary. It all seemed to go through just fine.
Reply Quote
10/19/2007 18:23
Is the website not found page being generated by your web host or your web browser? The next time it happens, maybe you can try viewing the site in a different web browser, one that you haven't visited your site with before.
Reply Quote
10/20/2007 00:36
Try to flush your DNS

(Assuming you're running windows)

Start >> Run >> Type cmd

When the cmd window opens type the following exactly as it is .. keeping the space between 'ipconfig' and the 'forward slash' intact

ipconfig /flushdns  >> Enter

This will tell your system to go get a new name resolution.

[This post has been edited by aiofe on Oct 20, 2007 12:38am.]
Reply Quote