Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
name server to DE domains ?
3/16/2012 02:10
hi

i want put name server to this domain

www.stutt-hdm.de

i put the name server

ns1.stutt-hdm.de

ns2.stutt-hdm.de

and give them ips

but it say

Could not save settings.        

Name servers for DE domains must respond to DNS queries for the domain before being set.

why??
Reply Quote
3/16/2012 09:39
Yes! I have the same problem!
(http://www.dynadot.com/community/forums/f7-domain-name-help/dynadot-with-squarespace-7239.html)

Let me know if you find a solution!
Reply Quote
3/17/2012 16:18
The Central Registry for DE domains have some restrictions regarding Name Server settings.  Please try what is shown below:

Why am I unable to set my name servers for my .DE domain?

The central registry for .DE domains requires that all name servers respond to DNS queries before they can be set to a .DE domain. This means that not only will your name servers need to be valid, they will also need to be properly configured to serve your specific domain and have diverse IP addresses associated to them.

If you receive an error message when trying to set name servers for your .DE domain, one or more of these requirements have not been met. To check your name servers, try running a Pre-Delegation Check. This should help you pin-point the issue so you can inform your web host.

Here is more information on .DE name server requirements.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > Why am I unable to set my name server...
Reply Quote
5/3/2013 19:52
I still dont know what I need to do.
Reply Quote
5/3/2013 20:27
Hi my web hosting provider is bluehost.com and I bought the domain bizraven.de from you. I need to point the domain to ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com. What do I need to do? Bluehost says this is something on your end that needs to be fixed. Can you help and provide instructions? Thanks.
Reply Quote
5/16/2013 15:15
If your host's name servers are not passing the DE pre-delegation check, which can be done here http://www.denic.de/en/background/nast.html, then your host will need to make some changes to their name servers.  In most cases, they will just need to use more diverse IP addresses for them, but you will be given a specific reason they do not pass when doing the pre-delegation check.
Reply Quote
10/2/2016 09:55
Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "your host will need to make some changes to their name servers" and "use more diverse IP addresses for them". My host has a number of IP addresses and that's it. Never before I have heard of any hosting provider needing to "use more diverse IP addresses".

So right now I can't change my name servers. What do I need to do, please?
Reply Quote
10/9/2016 00:14
You can run a check on your name servers from this page:
https://www.denic.de/en/service/tools/nast/

The result will tell you where the issue is and then you can get it to your hosting provider for them to reconfigure the settings so it qualifies for .de domains.
Reply Quote