Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
NS Problem
12/11/2006 01:05
Hi,

I clicked on list domain names or something beside the name server and now I can't delete the name server for the domain name anymore. I did a manual edit, but I think I was supposed to leave IP to the default one. Help please,

thanks
Reply Quote
12/11/2006 19:04
If you are trying to set it so that Dynadot is your name server again, just go to your domain, choose Select Name Severs, and set your domain to use any Dynadot service.
Reply Quote
12/12/2006 12:06
Hmm, it sounds like you want to delete a name server listed in your account, but you can't because it is still being "used" by a domain in your account.

What you need to do is look at the name server settings for your domains and check if the name server you want to delete is listed as a default name server in the "Name Servers" box under option 2.  (The part which has the drop down menus for your name servers.)

Set the name servers to another name server or to the "None" value in the drop down menu and click the "Select Name Servers" button to save your changes.  Then reset the name server option to the one you want your domain to use.  You will need to do this for all domains in your account.

Yes, we do acknowledge that this is a kind of round-about way of deleting a name server from your account (especially if the domain isn't even using name server), but at the moment, this is the only way to do it.  We will be changing this in the future when we have time.
Reply Quote
12/17/2006 16:07
We recently added a way to clear the information from a domain's name server settings. Just click the "Clear Settings" button.
Reply Quote