Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
NS Records
10/19/2007 07:09
Hi,

Since I'm trying to use my own server, I need to create NS records for my domain. I tried setting them up in the panel, then assigned two websites the new ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com, but it doesn't seem to work. The ns records were set a week ago, so all of the necessary changes should've worked.

P.S. When I set A records, everything's working great, but since I'm going to need ns records that option isn't helpful for me anymore.
Reply Quote
10/19/2007 09:17
I figured it out by myself. You can delete the post. Thanks!
Reply Quote
10/19/2007 14:20
To create your own name servers for a domain registered by Dynadot, follow these steps:

1. Log into your Dynadot account.
  2. Click on the "Domains" tab.
  3. Click on the "Name Servers" subsection link.
  4. Look for the phrase, "Register a domain name server". It should be inside a blue box. Click on this link.
  5. Enter the host name (ns1.mydomain.com, for example) in the text box labeled "Host Name".
  6. Enter the IP address for the name server in the text box labeled "IP Address".
  7. Click the "Submit" button.

Alee-Networks
Reply Quote