Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
removing a domain forward and using nameservers instead
12/22/2006 23:28
hi folks, I originally setup my domain to forward to another, but I now have the abliity to set my dns records, I tried doing it, but it still seems to be forwarding instead of keeping the same domain name in the url.

it's records send it to a subdomain in this case

www.teamdefiance.ws is supposed to be replacing

teamdef.clanservers.com

for some reason it is still just forwarding it on to the teamdef subdomain instead of staying as www.teamdefiance.ws

am I doing something wrong? and is it possible to remove the domain forward once in place if so how do I go about doing that.

all help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
Reply Quote
12/25/2006 18:10
I just checked www.teamdefiance.ws in my browser, and it is forwarding to www.teamdef.clanservers.com.

Currently your domains is set to forwarding.  If you want to use DNS, you have to change your domain to use Dynadot DNS in the control panel. It takes about 5 minutes for the new settings to take effect.
Reply Quote
1/17/2007 22:59
I have tried, but there seems to be no way to eliminate the forward that has been setup.
Reply Quote
1/18/2007 10:24
I just checked your domain, and it is set to nameservers already. If you are still seeing the forwarding, then it is probably a caching problem. Sometimes restarting your computer can help.

If you want to clear the old forwarding settings from the system, you can click the "Clear Settings" button in the control panel.
Reply Quote