Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Removing registered name server
7/26/2007 07:33
Hello,

I registered name servers for one of my domains (ns1.domain.com - ns2.domain.com, now need to know how to remove them from the registry

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
7/26/2007 14:48
To remove a name server from your account, please follow these steps:

1. Log into your Dynadot account.
2. Click on the "Domains" tab.
3. Click on the "Name Servers" link in the submenu.
4. All name servers that can be deleted will have checkboxes next to them.  Click on the checkboxes of the name servers you want to delete.
5. Click the "Delete" button.

Please note that if you do not see a checkbox next to a name server you want to delete, a domain is most likely still using this name server.  You can only delete registered name servers if they are no longer listed as the name servers for other domains.
Reply Quote
7/26/2007 15:59
Thanks for the reply but the issue is

I registered name servers for a domain that i have in my dynadot control panel

ns1.mydomain.com
ns2.mydomain.com

now i need to delete this so i can use those ips for another name server

and i know the steps you mentioned above but i'm trying to delete a name server that i created from scratch

now in WHM when i try to delete it it says

"Sorry, the nameserver ip 69.73.141.xxx cannot be removing since it is still registered with an ICANN register."

how can i delete the name server that i created for my domain ?
Reply Quote
7/27/2007 01:52
By WHM, do you mean Cpanel? You would have to contact your webost provider for questions about CPanel.
Reply Quote
7/27/2007 04:51
This is not WHM issue - it's name server issue

just get back to my question , i created name servers for one of my dynadot domain - how can i remove them ? (unregister them)

Thanks

[This post has been edited by tech_entrance on Jul 27, 2007 4:59am.]
Reply Quote
7/27/2007 14:29
The steps mentioned above remove registered name servers as well as name servers registered through other domain registrars.  Are you unable to delete your registered name servers using these steps?
Reply Quote