Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Set up domain 'like dyndns' using Dynadot name server?
6/14/2017 11:13
I just paid for an account, and no name servers show up when I go to 'Name Servers'. Perhaps because it's not fully processed yet? (As the help for email forwarding says to go to that page for setting up such things.) So I guess that's question one, I should wait for a confirmation email? :) [Edit: Yes, setting up email forwarding worked once I confirmed the domain purchase. A test email sent to myself has yet to arrive in my forwarded inbox.]

Second - can I programatically use dynadot's name servers in a 'dynamic dns' manner, to point the main A record at my home IP number? Since I get a dynamically allocated IP number, it'd be really handy if my home router could update the DNS pointer with a simple script when I get dis/reconnected. Through an API call, or maybe even as easy as having a special service for 'when your script logs in to this Dynadot address, the domain name gets automatically set to the IP that the script is logging in from'? That would be a wonderful feature!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
6/17/2017 17:43
You can Point it via a CNAME /forwarding to an Ip address but no updates must be done on the site, Plus if your PC gets hacked they cant steal the domain from you
Reply Quote