Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Slooooooow transfer process?
10/14/2007 10:44
Why is it taking days for Dynadot to send out transfer auth emails?

Can't you do this pretty much as soon as a customer has made a transfer-in request?

I know you have to do a whois for ach domain, but 2 days or more delay in STARTING the process is crazy.
Reply Quote
10/14/2007 20:50
We are getting so many transfers that our ip address is getting blocked by other registrars. So we have to wait for the timeout to reset.
Reply Quote
10/14/2007 22:18
They're blocking WHOIS enquiries from other Registrars?

How about you complain to ICANN about that?

THAT IS RIDICULOUS. How do you spell "restraint of trade"?
Reply Quote
10/15/2007 01:04
ICANN is working on a list of the IP addresses of all registrars, but it is not fully implemented by all registrars yet. So I guess they are working on it.

Another reason for the delays is that we have gotten a couple thousand transfers over the weekend, due to the pending price increase. So we are a little backlogged.

I wouldn't know the exact reason for your transfer being slow without looking it up.
Reply Quote
10/21/2007 19:02
Well, I've got transfer orders in the system that have been there for 7 days now and I'm still getting authorisation emails trickling in.

Crazy.
Reply Quote