Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
The connection to the central registry..
4/1/2008 18:36
hi

for the online whois form
http://www.dynadot.com/domain/search.html
i get lots of
.eu             The connection to the central registry is busy; please try again later
or
.cn             The central registry is down for maintenance; please try again later
.com            The central registry is down for maintenance; please try again later
.com            There was a problem connecting with the central registry; please try again later
for .ws as well (the above were pasted from some queries i just did)

maybe a problem with limiting your whois queries and not balancing them? ive built an online dns tools website and it has whois as well, im balancing the whois queries from 6 ips to make sure i have a higher limit and wont get filtered off for too many queries, maybe something similar here as well, but im sure as a dns provider you should have some dedicated access to that, but the errors..
Reply Quote
4/2/2008 08:42
Dynadot are a registrar unlike you.  They do not have to balance whois queries.  They have unlimited access to whois queries.

The problem was probably a tempory one.  Nothing to worry about.  Try again.
Reply Quote
4/2/2008 12:37
well im sure they do like i said "..but im sure as a dns provider you should have some dedicated access to that" but its happening too often for a month or so now, and everyday if i run a few queries i see a few of those errors and need to repeat a couple of times until it works again.. i just posted this for info dont shoot me :-)
Reply Quote
4/16/2008 17:51
Sorry for the connection problems. Recently we were having problems with CN and EU searches.

The reason is we only get 2 connections from the central registry. So often we run out of connections for CN and EU. We have made some code modifications recently to better use these connections. Hopefully it will help.
Reply Quote
6/27/2016 21:24
tengo el mismo problema :( ,,,, nunca comprar dominios en dynadot
Reply Quote
6/27/2016 21:24
tengo el mismo problema :( ,,,, nunca comprar dominios en dynadot
Reply Quote
7/15/2016 14:21
Is there a specific domain you're trying to register, but can't?
Reply Quote