Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Time to transfer expired domain between accounts
7/26/2014 08:12
Hi there
I have a doubt, earlier this month I purchased a domain through auction expired, how long (days) should I wait to be authorized transfer to another Dynadot account, it appears to the whois Status: clientTransferProhibited

Regards
Reply Quote
7/27/2014 17:43
You'll be able to move the domain once the auction lock is removed. The auction lock period is 15 days.

What does it mean when a domain is in "Auction Lock" status?

When a domain won in our Expired Domain Auctions is added to the winning bidder's account, the domain is put in "Auction Lock" status for about 15 days.

While in this status, the domain cannot be unlocked, transferred to a different registrar, or moved into another Dynadot account. However, you can set the name servers for the domain. The Whois information will still show the registrant as "Pending Renewal or Deletion."

At the end of the 15 days, the "Auction Lock" status will automatically be removed.

NOTE:

• This is different than the "Buy Lock" that is placed on Marketplace domains.
  • Inventory from our registrar partners may have a 60 day hold depending on registry transfer requirements. Dynadot is unable to override such restrictions.
  • If installment payment is selected for the expired auction order, the auction lock will remain in place until 15 days after the final installment payment has been made.
From Help Section: Domain Market > Expired Domain Auctions > What does it mean when a domain is in...
Reply Quote