Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Trademarked Domain Help
10/6/2013 20:28
Ok so I am a newbie when it comes to domaining and was stupid enough to register a trademarked .tv domain a week or so ago. I would like to surrender this domain and kindly request you to initiate the refund. I will be happy to write about this on my blog if you can accept my request.

Thank you Dynadot.
Reply Quote
10/7/2013 17:43
Sorry to hear of your troubles.  Unfortunately, this domain is past its 'Grace Deletion' period and can no longer be deleted for credit.  You can submit a regular deletion request if you'd like:

How do I mark my domain for deletion?

If you don't want to keep your domain name, you can mark it for deletion. This is different from a grace period deletion and you will not receive any account credit if you choose to delete your domain this way.

To mark your domain for deletion before the expiration date, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. In the "Domains" column, click on your domain name (which should be a link).
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the "Delete" section.
  5. Press the "Delete" button to delete your domain (a pop-up will appear for confirmation). If the "Delete" button is not present, you may need to unlock your domain first.

If your domain is set to auto-renew, please disable those settings.

Our system will automatically process your deletion 7 days after the request is made. If you change your mind about deleting your domain, you will need to cancel your deletion request before then. If your domain is close to expiration, you can also choose to set your domain to "do not renew" and let it naturally expire.

NOTE: .EU, .BE, .UK, .CA, and .AT domains cannot be marked for deletion. For .AT domains, only a signed document from the .AT registrant can cancel the registration.

From Help Section: Domains > How do I mark my domain for deletion?
Reply Quote
10/7/2013 19:57
Thanks for the instructions Dynadot. As far as refund is concerned, I understand it was my mistake but if you could make an exception considering I am a new Dynadot customer and initiate a refund or even a partial refund, I would highly appreciate it (36$ is not a small amount :-( ). I plan to use Dynadot for years to come. And like I said I would make it a point to write about your exceptional customer service on one of my blog technovalley.in or gadgetgain.com if you could do this. My humble request.

Thanks again
Reply Quote
10/8/2013 16:33
We would like to be able to make exceptions in these cases, but as we said, we have no hope of getting back what we paid to the Central Registry for this registration, so we will not be able to refund you.  The good news is you only paid $12.99 for the domain as was registered during our sale, which is still in effect for fresh registrations.
Reply Quote